b-hebrew - Re[2]: Sabbath Origins

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Sabbath Origins
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:06:14 -0500

How much, if anything, do we know about this stormy history? Or are
you speculating? OK, you mention Dan 11:14, but this seems very vague,
and I wonder how you decide which parts of this book give historical
information. You could at least clarify your "I think classical
authors allude to various sieges", you need to check this before
building a theory.

Peter Kirk