b-hebrew - Re[2]: Prepositions with Berakh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Prepositions with Berakh
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:58:00 +0200

Yes indeed it is. You've answered my question superbly. While the kal passive
participle is used here rather than the piel perfect (as in my inscription),
this settles
the le- question for me, and furthermore makes the genitive relationship
obvious. As
far as I am concerned, there is no difference between my pre-exilic
inscription and the
early prophets. I appreciate the help.

Jon