b-hebrew - Re: The "times" of Isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The "times" of Isaiah
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:15:41 -0400

Dear Rolf,

I really cannot let you get away with the statement below. Your whole
thesis is dependent on your classification of verbs into past, present
and future. You need to have clearly defined and stated criteria for
how you decide which verbs are past, present and future. This is not a
minor error but a potential flaw in your whole methodology. As such it
is without a doubt of the first importance.

Peter Kirk