b-hebrew - Re: The "times" of Isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: The "times" of Isaiah
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:05:40 +0200

Brent Lynn Emery wrote:

>Dear Rolf, found your listing fascinating. I was recently comparing the
>Isaiah scroll from Qumran with the Massoretic text (BHS) noting the
>differences. Do you or anyone on the list know if this has been done before
>with the complete book? Thanks in advance, shalom. Brent Emery

Dear Brent,

I am not aware of any book which lists all the differences. In my 1951 copy
of "Biblica Hebraica" there are a lot of footnotes referring to the Isaiah
Scroll, and Kutcher discussed most of the differences in his dissertation
on this Scroll. But I am not aware of any book, which in a systematical way
has listed all the differences, small and great ( I have not yet seen the
new edition of the scroll). What has Kevin, the expert librarian on the
list, to say about this?

I will be interested to know how you have done your work. Have you ,for
instance, listed all the differences between the texts verse by verse?

Regards
Rolf

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo