b-hebrew - RE: Proverbs 25 and "secret things".

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Armando Cottim (DSI)" <armando.cottim AT mundialconfianca.pt>
  • To: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Proverbs 25 and "secret things".
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:56:44 +0200

Hi,

After sending my previous mail [see: Codes: Assumed Secret (Hidden)] I
received the message below as any other list member did.

Allow me to tell what I think about it.

Unfortunately this is not the first time two list members get involved in a
discussion that goes departs from the acceptable. This time we have a replay
of a former discussion between these two list members.

I can accept different points of view. I can accept a discussion. I cannot
accept the way things ate turning.

During the former discussion between Jim West and Wondell Rachman I
contacted both of them and tried to calm things. The answers both sent me
were quite different and this time I will take the matter to everybody.

Jim West seems to be a person that has strong ideas and issues strong
statements. He is, nevertheless a good contributor to this list and his
opinions are important to the development of several threads. He offends
nobody even with his way of saying things.

Wondell Rachman states that he wants to learn and ask several questions.
Some of them are intelligent questions, other seem to be assertions and not
questions. There is nothing wrong with having opinions but ... when we ask
... shouldn't we expect the answers to come? Wondell seems to be a young
person that believes he has a good knowledge of life and all relating
matters. There is nothing wrong in believing we have all the answers (we
were all like that when we were teenagers) but this is a list where we
should expect others to enlighten and re-dimension our opinions. This
doesn't seem the case with Wondell. My personal judgement of his
participation is that he is constantly looking for confrontation with those
people he probably would have no courage of confronting personally.

This said ... I don't think we should tolerate much more time the fact that
some list member call a "jackass" to another list member. I we tolerate this
much more then one day the word will be something worse than this.

I'll repeat what I said earlier (in private). Wondell: If you feel offended
with Jim's way of speaking, let him know politely. And learn to forgive and
forget.

If you decide - again - not to consider my request and arrogantly mistreat
another list member (like you did now) I will personally contact the list
owner and request that you be expelled from the list. I will not stand this
type of treatment. This is not a list for ill-mannered people.

Thank you for your time
God bless
Armando

Armando A. Cottim
armando.cottim AT mundialconfianca.pt
<mailto:armando.cottim AT mundialconfianca.pt>
Microsoft Certified Professional
Certified Novell Engineer
Certified Novell Instructor
TekMetrics Certified COBOL II Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Visual Basic 5 Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Web Programmer
TekMetrics Certified HTML Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Windows 95 Administrator
TekMetrics Certified Windows 98 Administrator