b-hebrew - Re: Proverbs 25 and "secret things".

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "yahua'sef" <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Proverbs 25 and "secret things".
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:30:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Jim West wrote:
> Small wonder that the theologians of the middle ages discussed things in
> Latin so that the unlearned hordes would not be confused more than they
> already were.
> Elitist? Probably. But elitism is a good thing when it protects the search
> for truth from pure stupidity.

What a jackass.

Could it hurt you to be a little polite when responding? If you only wish
to discuss issues with people that are in your intellectual stratosphere,
then kindly refrain from responding to the 'dullards' on the list, and
then you may resume talking to yourself in the mirror.

I hate to get thrown back into this, but this kind of intolerant pedagogy
is disgusting for a student and learner.

Shalom.

Wondell M. Rachman