b-hebrew - Re: Messages in attached files

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ken Litwak <kdlitwak AT concentric.net>
  • To: peter_kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Messages in attached files
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 19:39:44 -0700

I can't tell Peter how to open these files, but I can say that I've
seen enough viruses spread through attachments, whether Word macros or
other seemingly harmless things, that I virtually never read
attachments, so I never see these messages nor even try to open them.
I think it would be for the best if we did not ever use attachments.
This is not to suggest that any specific individual would knowingly pass
along a virus to B-Hebrew. Think of the thousands of computers
Microsoft itself infected with Word macro viruses! I would think they
didn't do that on purpose, then again, in a world without fences, who
needs Gates? (Heard that today, couldn't resist). SO I agree with
Peter's suggestion. How about plain, text-only messages?

Ken