b-hebrew - Re: Messages in attached files

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Messages in attached files
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 06:44:33 -0700

> > Dan O's recent long posting is one of an increasing number which are
> > arriving as text files with the name "text.rtx". Can someone tell me
> > how to open these so that they are easily readable, and with the
> > intended effects? Neither Word nor Internet Explorer 4 can make sense
> > of them. What Windows program should I be using to read these?
> >
> > Meanwhile, perhaps we ought to stick to the established protocol of
> > sending text-only postings.
> >
> > Peter Kirk
> >

> Mine should not have been that way.. it was a simple reply..
>
> using Pegasus Mail.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that some of the lines were "colored
> text"
>
> Maybe the post was too long and Pegasus tried to attach.
>
> I will RE-send it with "black text only"
>
> But before I do.. is anybody else having this problem with my posts
> ?

Not me. But then, I also use Pegasus. I wonder if the file in
question isn't in rtf format? It may be something in somebody's
mailer, or perhaps your settings in Pegasus are sending in rtf
format or something similar and his mailer can't decipher it. If you
need help checking out the settings in Pegasus, drop me a note off-
list.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur