b-hebrew - Alert

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Lloyd Barre <barre AT c-zone.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Alert
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:06:11 -0800

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I believe I have uncovered an insidious conspiracy most likely being
perpetuated by some religious people. They are translating 'elohim with as
God (uppercase g), even applying it to appellative related to Yahweh! If
that is not incidious enough, there are also translation Yahweh as Lord,
which we all know falls outside of the semantic field of the
Tetragrammaton. "Lord"? Protect yourselves and your loved ones! Read
"god" for "God" (except for a few possible exceptions)! Do not be seduced
by covert linguistic programming!

We shall prevail,

Lloyd Barre

  • Alert, Lloyd Barre, 01/14/1999