b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew Reader

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Casanellas <pere.casanellas AT bcn.servicom.es>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew Reader
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:59:21 +0100

Hi Jonathan and all,

"A Reader's Hebrew-English Lexicon of the Old Testament" by Terry A.
Armstrong, Douglas L. Busby, Cyril F. Carr (see the message by Don
Elbourne) has been published by Zondervan also in one single volume (four
volumes in one). From the preface: "The appendix contains words occurring
over fifty times in the OT. For speed and convenience the reader is
encouraged to master this list. In the body of the book, words that occur
fifty or fewer times in the OT are listed verse by verse in the order of
their occurrence."

A similar work, but which contains all the words of each verse is:
John Joseph Owens: Analytical key to the Old Testament. Grand Rapids (MI):
Baker Book House, 1989. 4 vol. ISBN 0-8010-6714-6.

Another useful work:
Benjamin Davidson: The analytical Hebrew and Chaldee lexicon. (Every word
and inflection of the Hebrew OT arranged alphabetically and with
grammatical analyses. Also tables of paradigms.) London: Samuel Bagster &
Sons, 1978 (reprint). ISBN 85150 151 6.

Sincerely,

———————————————————————————————————————
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas AT bcn.servicom.es
pcasanel AT pie.xtec.es
Phone & fax: +34-93-417 90 00
Carrer Anna Piferrer, 11
E-08023 Barcelona
CATALONIA-SPAIN

=======================================

>I am a student of B-greek and I just started B-hebrew about 4 months ago. I
>was just wondering if there was anything comparable to Zerwick's Gramatical
>Analysis of the Greek New Testament in Hebrew. This book follows the order
>of the text and defines any uncommon vocabulary, gives the lexical for most
>words, and gives helpful grammatical information. This book helps me a lot
>when reading the Greek New Testament and I just wondered if there was an OT
>resource.
> I am also new to B-hebrew so hello to all. Four of my friends ( one
>who went to Dallas Seminary who is brushing up on B-hebrew) are learning
>B-hebrew. We are about to start getting into the text of Ruth and thus we
>might write with questions. Well just wanted to introduce myself.
>
>Jonathan Brubaker
>upoxarin AT aol.com
>teaching credential student at UCR
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
pere.casanellas AT bcn.servicom.es
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')