acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] refs in literature reviews

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: Greg Grossmeier <greg AT grossmeier.net>
  • Cc: acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] refs in literature reviews
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:08:31 -0500

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Greg Grossmeier <greg AT grossmeier.net> wrote:
> <quote name="Jodi Schneider" date="2011-06-15" time="23:09:42 -0400">
>>
>> The disadvantage of (1) is that it generates blank summaries. There's a
>> partial (manual) list here:
>> http://acawiki.org/AcaWiki:Last_call
>> I think we have about 130 metadata-only summaries now.
>
> Is there a way to autogenerate this list? I see it was created in January
> of 2011 and not updated since. Do we know if any of these articles are
> now "better" without clicking on them all?
>
> Greg

This is totally generatable. We can do a query across the pages and
check what fields are empty. What is not considered complete?

Is Last_call what this type of page is called on Wikipedia? We should
align where possible with the procedure on wikipedia...

Looks like there is some usage of a tag "needs summary"

http://acawiki.org/index.php?title=Special:Ask&offset=0&limit=100&q=[[Category%3ASummary]]+[[Tag%3A%3Aneeds+summary]]&p=format%3Dbroadtable&po=%3FTag%0A%3FURL%0A&eq=yes

Or inline in the page:

{{#ask: [[Category:Summary]] [[Tag::needs summary]]
| ?Tag
| format=ul
}}

But, looks like summary is not a property, so can't query for if a
summary exists:

Here are the generic properties we have to work with on acawiki overall:

http://acawiki.org/Special:Properties (I removed all redlinks on there btw)

Of these, I'm putting a * next to the properties we can query for on a
summary:

Allows value of type sps (20)
Author of type String (2309)
Covers property of type wpp (5)
DOI of type String (225)
Date of type Date (670)
Has drilldown title of type String (1)
Has filter of type Page (8)
Has default form of type spf (8)
Has improper value for of type wpp (31)
Has type of type typ (29)
ISSN of type String (5)
Journal of type String (585)
Location of type String (86)
Modification date of type Date (1023)
Name of type String (96)
Published in an Open Access journal of type Boolean (282)
Subject of type String (334)
Tag of type String (2407)
Title of type String (738)
Type of type String (736)
URL of type URL (253)
Volume of type String (218)

So, we can author a few checks on this type of thing.

Which fields do we need to check? Are there missing ones?

Greg, can you compare the query to that list and swap it out?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
http://fabricatorz.com/