xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] entity in attribute value

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: XOM interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] entity in attribute value
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:34:47 +0100

Tatu Saloranta wrote:

Regular escaping does get what you seem to want (as was pointed out), but I
am not 100% sure what you want makes sense. :-)

That is: why on earth would some processing require literal string "&euro;" to denote something?
I need to store strings in a resource file. This resource file happens to be XML in my case. This has worked very well until today, when one of those strings happens to be an entity in some other mark-up language.

Does it make sense now?

Luca