xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d23 Last Call

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: jcowan AT reutershealth.com
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d23 Last Call
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:27:49 -0500

At 2:14 PM -0500 2/2/04, jcowan AT reutershealth.com wrote:

Serializer:

1) Consider renaming writeEscaped to just write, as it basically does
the same thing (but more efficiently) as write(new Text(string)).
This is conceptually compatible with Element.insertChild(string, int).

Makes sense, but again I'm on the fence about this one. The comparison I tend to make is with write() in OutputStream and Writer, by which standard you wouldn't expect escaping. I'll meditate on this some more. If there's a strong outcry in favor of changing it, I will. Otherwise I'll probably leave it as is.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)