xom-interest - [XOM-interest] ID or identifier

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: jcowan AT reutershealth.com
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] ID or identifier
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:55:23 -0500

At 2:14 PM -0500 2/2/04, jcowan AT reutershealth.com wrote:

DocType:

1) Rename systemID and publicID to systemIdentifier and publicIdentifier,
for conformity to the XML Rec, which does not use "ID" in these names.
Yes, it's verbose.

This would be more consistent. However, it's just a little too verbose for my tastes, everyone does call these system ID and public ID in practice, and the spec does use the terms externalID and pubIDLiteral, so I don't feel like this is too far off.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)