sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:38:20 +0900

Sukneet Basuta (sukneet AT gmail.com) wrote [11.09.10 18:29]:
> I haven't tried to compile the direct package, but it does build fine
> in texlive with --enable-luatex. It has some run-time problems right
> now. It's either not finding the proper paths or is not being
> configured properly. Context MkII works fine though when its compiled
> with luatex and ruby is installed.

Do you mean MkII works fine only with LuaTeX, or it works fine as usual
when LuaTeX is also installed (along with PDFTeX, XeTeX, etc.)? The
reliance on LuaTeX sounds quite suspicious, if that's what it is. Ruby
is of course required (and probably also perl, maybe others), as many of
the MkII front-end scripts are in ruby.

As for the run-time problems, did you inspect the log files? Perhaps
they will make the problem clear. Granted, the TeX log files are rather
cryptic, so if you need help deciphering them let me know.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage