sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:02:34 -0400

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:05 AM, flux <flux AT sourcemage.org> wrote:
> I took another stab at building LuaTeX directly from source, and the
> issue is that it complains it can't find ptexenc.h, even if I pass
> "--disable-ptex --disable-eptex" to configure. Probably a broken
> configure script. If I have time (less than likely) I'll hunt it down
> and fix the configure/makefiles/sources and get it to build. If you have
> more time than me (which seems quite likely) and the motivation (no idea
> for this one :-P) feel free to hunt it down for me. :)
>
> Note that, while the website for LuaTeX mentions the latest stable as
> being 0.60 (rather old actually), *all* of their source releases are
> labeled as beta-, including 0.60. I'll try and talk to the developers
> and find out if they can be a little more sane with their release
> naming/announcements.

The latest version is 0.70.1, the main page hasn't been updated. I
don't think you can even download 0.60 from their site anymore. That
is also the version included in Texlive 2011.

> I suppose we should add some suggest_depends for the scripting languages
> that various TeX macro packages/formats make use of (perl, ruby, lua,
> etc.). I had forgotten about needing to do this after I got busy and
> didn't have time before.

I've already added those as dependencies, but suggest_depends makes
more sense so I'll make the change. Or would they better as
runtime_depends since quite a few scripts rely on them?