sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 20:09:28 +0900

Ismael Luceno (ismael.luceno AT gmail.com) wrote [11.09.09 19:59]:
> No, it's just not finding luatex.
>
> Perhaps it was a bit too fast, but the previous version of the spell
> was broken, so it could not be more dangerous.

This is inaccurate. The previous version of the spell worked just fine
(I use it for producing quite a bit of documentation, including my
dissertation). The spell itself had a problem with how it installs, but
that's orthogonal to the actual upstream product.

> > Because texlinks is obviously not what its supposed to be and doesn't
> > produce correct installs, according to what you've described.
>
> What's it supposed to be? It does what it is supposed to do, given it's
> name...

Unless I've misunderstood what you've described, you used texlinks, and
things were "missing". Perhaps the only thing wrong is that ConTeXt
isn't finding LuaTeX, which you've just mentioned now (which is a bit
different from having things actually be missing - i.e. not installed).
Also, if it's only an issue of not finding LuaTeX, have you tested
ConTeXt MkII to make sure that still works (MkIV is LuaTeX-only, while
MkII should work with all TeX engines)?

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage