sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:06:14 +0900

Sukneet Basuta (sukneet AT gmail.com) wrote [11.09.14 11:15]:
> The latest version is 0.70.1, the main page hasn't been updated. I
> don't think you can even download 0.60 from their site anymore. That
> is also the version included in Texlive 2011.

You can download all of their releases (in source form, which as a
source-based distro, is what we are primarily interested in):

http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/download/frsrelease/371/1455/luatex-beta-0.60.0.tar.bz2

> > I suppose we should add some suggest_depends for the scripting languages
> > that various TeX macro packages/formats make use of (perl, ruby, lua,
> > etc.). I had forgotten about needing to do this after I got busy and
> > didn't have time before.
>
> I've already added those as dependencies, but suggest_depends makes
> more sense so I'll make the change. Or would they better as
> runtime_depends since quite a few scripts rely on them?

It should be suggest_depends IMHO, since one can install texlive for
latex and not want to use context, in which case ruby would likely not
be needed for the runtime. This would take more work though, as we'd
have to figure out exactly what scripting languages would be needed for
which runtimes, so if you just want to make them runtime_depends for now
and we can gradually fix them towards suggest_depends, I'm personally OK
with that.

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage