sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-gl_select

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-gl_select
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:30:47 -0600

On Feb 08, Andra?? 'ruskie' Levstik [ruskie AT codemages.net] wrote:
> They all depend on smgl-gl_select now so give it a run.

I'm sure this tool is great for those that need such a thing but unless
there's a convincing case that this is needed for the individual packages
to function, this should be optional.

We don't patch without asking unless it's needed to function (or security
updates), we don't make dependencies non-optional unless they are needed to
function; distro-provided glue should not be any different.