sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-gl_select

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-gl_select
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:38:58 +0100 (CET)

:2009-02-08T08:24:Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik:

> A few quick notes and observations:
>
> libGLcore seems to be deprecated in xorg-server or simply not built.
> Haven't yet figured this out but it seems it might actually have been
> removed. I still put libGLcore from nvidia into a subdir though chances
> are we might not need it at all.

OK fixed this with Jaka today. And I've also modified the other
nvidia_legacy spells to support this now. BUT I need people to test
it. Report issues, fixup stuff if they find something odd.

I gave my best with the nvidia stuff but as I'm unfamiliar with it not
sure if everything is as it should be. All the spells cast and install
any conflicting components into:
$DIR/nvidia/
$DIR/ati/
$DIR/mesa/

Directories so you can if smgl-gl_select doesn't function or for whatever
reason adjust the necessary things manually.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TEST!!! PROVIDE FEEDBACK
and so on. I'll try to help out as much as I can.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.