sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:15:40 +0200

David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org> wrote:
> I think we should rule
> out making "frivolous" commits fixing "whitespace."
>
> In other words, unless you're fixing a bug, enhancing a spell, or
> creating a new spell you shouldn't be committing stuff. I don't care if
> you "fix" whitespace while doing one of the above tasks, but don't go
> through and nit-pick other peoples code.

+1

if we really need this we shouldn't invent another rule which could be
broken and disregarded but hard-code it into an indent like tool
instead[*]. IMO there are already too many rules.

Been project manager for projects written in c it was easier to tweak
with indent than to make other people follow indentation rules. Well,
in c there are more important things than indentation.

Regarding tabs vs spaces i see the problem that tabs are virtually
invisible which always causes problems, so i'll refrain to have an
opinion here. To put it in other words:

define: 1 tab <=> 8 spaces.

[*] name proposal for sorcery's indent: sin-dent

Regards
- Robert Figura

--
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,m>cot.bitamea\
@urigrf <raguFit erobR"[I%74?I>837&874>I?I^833:l%5:5]))for(O=o=l=