sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:34:56 -0500

Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
Tabs are an abomination for code readability of anything but structured data as a delimiter. I don't care what editor or elixer you're using.

In my view, tabs could be a very powerful tool, but are ruined by a few
people who don't understand them, or perhaps arent' willing to take the
care needed.

Yeps. And I don't agree with the whole abomination thing. It only takes a little bit more effort, even in vim, to ensure that you're following the correct tab indentations.

they're invisible at least part of the time, and that's enough to render them useless.

Invisible doesn't have to mean useless. It does mean you may have to
take more care, especially if you're not used to it. Is the extra care
worth it? I hope

+1

I prefer tabs for block indentation, and then spaces for formatting.

--
David Kowis

www.ronpaul2008.com - Ron Paul for President!
www.sourcemage.org - SourceMage GNU/Linux