sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:01:13 -0600

On Jan 28, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT t.armory.com] wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 03:16:23PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > On Jan 28, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT t.armory.com] wrote:
> > > With 0.6 out the door its time to move forward with 0.7. The good news
> > > is this release should be much easier since theres only a few weeks
> > > worth of changes. Theres is some business to take care of moving
> > > forward.
> >
> > I am going to try again today to get the git repositories merged; I will
> > cut stable-rc-0.7 late tonight or early tomorrow morning regardless.
> >
> > > I want to brainstorm on how to improve things. What went well with
> > > 0.6? What could be improved?
> >
> > The places we got held up were:
> > - people being gone and forgetting to mark their Xes
>
> How about an alternate person column. In case the first person isnt
> around it'd be up to the alternate to provide status. Lacking a
> designated alternate, or in the absense of the alternate, decisions
> would be up to consensus based on the notes section. It would be up to
> the primary and alternate to exchange information before the primary
> leaves. If the alternate leaves he would need to find another alternate,
> and so on.

I don't know that we need or have time for that much hierarchy; this last
time for each case someone did just step up and do it, the only delay was
essentially out of respect waiting for the original person. I think we
just say this time that if we can't reach you for (24? 48?) hours someone
else will be free to decide for you, and will.