sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:29:41 -0600

On Jan 29, Jaka Kranjc [lynx AT mages.ath.cx] wrote:
> To ease the roleshifting and for general transparency reasons, I think a
> detailed checklist of things that have to be done for a release should be
> put
> toghether. And http://wiki.sourcemage.org/StableGrimoireUpdate updated with
> it.

I agree this could be useful but right now the main thing we need is
someone to step up and drive 0.7. I would like to see someone take this on
and get the wiki page for 0.7 up by the end of today (Monday), otherwise my
options will basically be to either let us slide again already or
"volunteer" some other Lead to do it... and don't think I won't. :-P

Please don't feel you have to be anything special to do this. Andrew
managed it in reasonable time while moving, not having real internet access
for a week, and not making a single commit himself to the grimoire (he
doesn't even have grimoire commit access!).

You just need to monitor the wiki page and make sure people are getting
things done on schedule. I can handle the actual cutting of the release
like I did this last time, at least until we have a present Grimoire Lead
to do it.

> quick draft without many specifics; probably forgot some things:
> prepare the wiki page
> prepare the people
> fix, test, fix ...
>
> if late, recheck gatingness
> cut a new stable branch
I will take care of this; only a few of us have the access anyway.

> make a stable/ extracting tarball
> make a stable-$VERSION/ extracting tarball
These are both automatic now, they are in the script.

> post anouncements on the mls
> post an anouncement on the main page
> change #sourcemage topic
> cut the new stable-rc branch
I'll do this branch each time too.

> post an anouncement on sm-discuss
> repeat
>
> I'd also like to add this to the end of the list:
> prepare a new minor iso release (+more anouncements)
> Cauldron?
I've asked them about this, it definitely needs to happen.