sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable grimoire 0.7 plans
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:21:34 +0100

On Sunday 28 of January 2007 19:08:03 Andrew Stitt wrote:
> With 0.6 out the door its time to move forward with 0.7. The good news
> is this release should be much easier since theres only a few weeks
> worth of changes. Theres is some business to take care of moving forward.
>
> I want to brainstorm on how to improve things. What went well with
> 0.6? What could be improved?
It went pretty well all-in-all, good job thinking it up and coordinating. :)

Maybe the testing wasn't so clear. I suggest we add another column to the
wiki
table with a count of succesful casts - everybody that will test stable is
going to cast all the nonoptional depends. Having more feedback would make it
easier for the assignées to be sure eveything is ok, especially if changes
were introduced (on a change the cell should be cleared asap).

Since there are not that many bugs left on that list, I suggest our next
stable goal is to rid basesystem completely of any kind of bugs (ok, all but
the really farfetched ones) and keep it that way in the future. Bugs in the
basesystem should have a priority anyway.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org