sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 02:50:35 -0500

On Apr 12, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> The current identified SCMs to try are git, svk, and svn. git is most
> similar to bzr (which the other teams are already using) and has a very
> robust feature set. svk is most similar to p4. svn is probably in the
> widest general community use. Is this the right list? Do we have some
> volunteer gurus/sections for each?

The acl hooks that upstream gave me for hg don't work, but I went ahead and
set them up with basic group-based permissions so you guys can use them.
The main thing for now is to find out if it's viable as a contendor or not,
if it is we can configure it more appropriately later.

Same routine, ask for access, the clone with:

hg clone
ssh://scm.sourcemage.org//smgl/grimoire.hg/{devel,teest,stable-0.3,stable-rc-0.4}

Note the //smgl, that's necessary. hg tracks ssh roots differently from
the other SCMs.

Basic commands are pull, update (need both to get stuff updated), commit,
push. Also export and import for cherry picking.