sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux Spell Custom Kernel Issues

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Linux Spell Custom Kernel Issues
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:09:19 -0700

However it's done, we could use something like this.  It would make things
like xen easier to deal with.  It would also help with the spells that
build kernel modules... we've been changing those to use sorcery functions
to find the last built version of the kernel to figure out what tree to
build against.  I know it has fallback if the linux spell isn't there, but
if someone has left the linux spell installed and just done their own
kernels past that I imagine it gets confused.  It would be nice if those
advanced/custom kernels could still get themselves "registered" with
sorcery.

Okay so making a external set of scripts and trying to make it 'register' with sorcery would be too much haxxory against sorcery and andrew probably wouldn't like it.  So probably a spell would be the method of doing this 'advanced kernel compile'