sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery tmp direcrtory tree

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Robert Helgesson" <rycee AT home.se>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery tmp direcrtory tree
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:32:12 +0100

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 00:14:53 +0100, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> > So, if you use /tmp/sorcery/$PID( or some id),
> > cast or summon can clean up tmp files with just removing that directory.
>
> IMHO, it could be fine if
> - /tmp directory was automatically cleaned during the boot

I've though about this before but never worked much on it. I think a
good place to do this would be in the stop action of the mountall.sh
script. Also, /var/tmp should not be a symlink to /tmp. Anyway, I might
spend some time on this at some point when it irritates me enough :)

> - /boot, /lib/modules and /usr/src does not contain all linux kernel
> versions (it wants probably some improvement of linux spell).

I rather prefer the current state where I remove old kernels and module
directores manually when I'm sure the new kernel works.

--
/ Robert Helgesson |-- rycee AT home.se --\
\-- GPG Key ID: 41E95A5B --| http://www.rycee.cx/ /