permaculture - Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 19:08:09 -0400

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 5:53 PM, christopher nesbitt <
christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org> wrote:

> So, apart from our experience, these scholarships were fantastic
> opportunities for those people, as well. Many times we heard from them that
> they were grateful to be able to meet with other people who study and
> practice permaculture. That is due to people like Wesley talking with
> people like you, permaculturists who might support other people in the
> developing world to learn more and meet more people working in
> permaculture.

It would take a lot of convincing to believe Wes has done all that. All I
see is an endless stream of shares in Facebook, bordering on spam, and some
here. I can't remember seeing posts talking about his work bringing 3rd
world people to Permaculture or anyone for that matter.
I do remember his pointed insult directed at Steve, who, as far as I know,
had done light years more for the movement than Wes.
I can;t imagine anyone going to the trouble and expense going to a Lawton &
Company-dominated PDC. Any PDC should be a third world PDC because most
people from the First World might as well be, for all practical purposes,
living in a Third World country, especially if you are looking at income
and mobility.

Wes insults Steve and trashes his work then he insults me and tries to
drive subscribers away from my list. When I think of the time, money and
committment I have put into this forum since 1991 I realize I don't have to
take flak from types like Wes.
Where does one go to find out about Wes' "real work" bringing permaculture
to people of the world and building the movement? There isn;t much to grab
your attention in his FB page which contains all his posts to all the FB
Permaculture groups he belongs to.

Again, my own obsession for today is that PDC's should be Third World
events, not First World, dominated by greedhead poseurs out to milk
Permaculture for all the corporate profits it can.

And BTW, apparently Lawton has gotten control of the Wikipedia Permaculture
entry and is preventing other Permaculture educators from being fairly
represented there. This is proven fact. If this isn't anough to advise
people not to bother with the upcoming PDC, probably dominated by Lawton &
Company and Accomplices, I don't know what is. You'd have a better PDC
event right here in this list. Have at it!

Not bellittling your experience at all, Chris.

High five, Steve and others.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.