permaculture - Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 00:10:33 -0400

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great insightful debate / banter. The question must be asked and is anyway
> exercised by 1,000s of our global family to not bother attending an IPC.
> Lawrence has aired his view which I concur with to a point.
>
> I personally do enjoy the party and catching up with many at such events,
> whenever I can make it. Many like LL have a different focus which should
> also be equally respected as should everyone elses position and preference.

I think the IPC's are a great thing to have......for those with time and
money to attend.
The problem arises when the organizers are "just trying to fill seats" to
pay for the event and
bring in speakers who don't adequately represent the mindset of the
millions of permaculture practitioners
from countries around the world who come to learn from each other and forge
a future for the movement,
not facilitate those few who seek great fortunes from permaculture without
doing their duty to solidify the movement's infrastructure,
develop, disseminate and perpetuate standards of education, mission and
purpose of the movement and cooperate on public image and outreach.

"Time will come where we have a chat room like this where all comments of
any nature can be aired and discussed
debated and argued. It may be too rough for some but the healthy banter is
long overdue....bring it on...Steve Hart"

Right on about that. Onward.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com