permaculture - Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 16:14:12 +1200

HI CHRIS....its a great medium isn't it. Perhaps you could re-read what
was written to clarify exactly what was. Rather than distort it and offer
your own levels of abuse. For what purpose I do not know. We also have our
own personal experiences of time place event and people. Yours of Wes seems
to be nice n warm and fuzzy. Factually others otherwise. I'd love to see
Scott Pittmans viewpoint here. I hope I get the chance to talk with you in
person at a future IPC maybe India maybe Argentina. Then maybe you will
hear my side of the story. But like any story there are 4 sides to it. His
side, her side, the other side and the truth which is invariable never
heard. So somewhere in the middle one may get a picture to draw. I'm not
really into go fuck ya self. I prefer to shoot straight and debate any
topic until the sun goes down. There's plenty of good ethic and principle
available to us for any such debate. But, may have to just load the 44
magnum soon for there is a lot of abuse that needs to be sorted somehow and
seems no one entity is bothering to address it. Seems the chance to
discuss all such issues in a rational constructive manner through "Elephant
in the Room" wkshp at IPCs has been thrown aside by Wes it seems. But
please correct me if I'm wrong. So what do we do about this reality ? Stick
our head back in the sand ? There has always been the question of how do we
mange and police ourselves. The question remains. How would a civilised
advanced society handle it ?..hmmm maybe a chance for another IPC wkshp eh
what. Look fwd to the continued debate / argument / discussion. Central to
this is what do we do as a global family do about the abuse that Geoff
Lawton continues to extort ? Or would we rather just bend over and TIUTA.
Steve Hart

On 30 May 2017 at 00:21, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Any PDC should be a third world PDC because most people from the First
> > World might as well be, for all practical purposes, living in a Third
> World
> > country, especially if you are looking at income and mobility.
> >
> > Again, my own obsession for today is that PDC's should be Third World
> > events, not First World,
> >

> As I said before the IPC's should be for third world people and in the
> first world, the middle class and those really on a budget. I decided that
> the role of the speakers should be to bestow the maximum amount of
> permaculture knowledge possible to those attending the IPC, who would then
> take it back home and use it to help their people, help them become self
> sufficient and independent and able to survive conditions in the countries
> where they live. That to me would be a good reason to have an IPC. One the
> other side of the coin it should provide an opportunity for all the
> speakers to build their careers and livelihoods. Everyone should get
> something from the IPC, what they need and deserve.
>

> --
> Lawrence F. London, Jr.
> lfljvenaura@gmail.com
> https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared

Kia ora Ehoa

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: