permaculture - Re: [permaculture] QUESTIONS .. of corruption etc etc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] QUESTIONS .. of corruption etc etc
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 00:10:39 -0500

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 15 December 2015 at 21:35, Leo Bakx <leo@aardwerk.org> wrote:
>
> > Buckmister Fuller comes to mind: "The function of what I call design
> > science is to solve problems by introducing into the environment new
> > artifacts, the availability of which will induce their spontaneous
> > employment by humans and thus, coincidentally, cause humans to abandon
> > their previous problem-producing behaviors and devices. For example, when
> > humans have a vital need to cross the roaring rapids of a river, as a
> > design scientist I would design them a bridge, causing them, I am sure,
> > abandon spontaneously and forever the risking of their lives by trying to
> > swim to the other shore."
> > (1983, R. Buckminster Fuller, Cosmography)
> >
> > In other words: design something better and compelling to seduce people
> > a better behavior.

Interesting bio for Leo:
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Leo-Bakx/1411312034
"Leo also participates as advisor in the Educatief & Eetbaar Groen
(educational and edible green) project for Martin de Wolf (FLOT) and Diana
van Bokhoven (Imagro), part of the Brabant "Pearls of Biodiversity"
program.
Leo is a member of NIBI (Dutch organisation of biololgy professionals).
He's also a founding member of Stichting Impuls (Multimedia in Theatre and
Culture), associate of MAD Emergent Art Center and associate of the
Permaculture
Council for Europe. Leo is a partner in the European Permaculture Teachers
partnership. See: http://permateachers.eu. He leads the publication of
partnership results and the development of an educational permaculture
board & screen roleplaying game."

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com