permaculture - Re: [permaculture] QUESTIONS .. of corruption etc etc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] QUESTIONS .. of corruption etc etc
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 22:19:04 -0500

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> LL No disrespect but, I can not quite see the resemblance here LL to the
> Subject ..why not cut it into a totally new discussion / subject and keep
> on the topic ? All too often it seems many members of this site often
> wonder off into vague tangents. All great intentions and meaning and of
> course worthy of receiving, I love that subject my self, but wouldn't it
> be respectful at least and mores sense to enter a totally new subject ?
> just so we do not lose the original intention and thread.? Steve Hart

You are right about that.

That was what I was in the midst of doing with your initial post when I
read Scott's and decided to
submit input borne out of wandering off into vague tangents but strictly
for evaluation purposes only.

A reply to Scott regarding formulating a new thrust for the permaculture
movement and possibly renaming it
is the following. I manage a list for garden book authors and the subject
of permaculture came up. Some of the ranking members of the forum and
members of the GWAA instantly came to the defense of permaculture saying
definitively that it is here to stay, that GWAA has a permanent working
group on permaculture and the organization as well as some of its members
have a working relationship with PINA and other active members of the
permaculture community. So, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater or
lose faith.
I am with you in maintaining strict standards for permaculture practice,
education and publicity, i.e. its media presence.

On to a reply to your OP:

"Permaculture must be a prime sitting duck to be
> infiltrated and managed to manipulate for the goals and objectives of the
> C1.

My take on this is that that has been tried, unsuccessfully. I guess you
could say that permaculture is self limiting in that poseurs always fail.
Maybe that is a mystical quality

> How easily could this be done ?

That question has been answered. Look at the demographics of people using
permaculture.
You have Vlad, PRI and Wheaton; the latter two are, shall we say,
_different_ but they are not going to wreck the movement, eh?
Vlad would if he could but people like that are always doomed to fail, its
in their genes.

> We must know by now as Mollison always told us that operating on funding
> and grants is like living on a poison carrot. There is never any
> sustainability or security in the strategy. It seems that many many

So true.

> different organisations in our diverse networks search out and expect
their
> survival and longevity their lifeline to be propped up and supported by
> such hand-outs. A fatal flaw at best. Mollison also spoke of sustainable
> business enterprise and how imperative it was to recognise true
> sustainability.

I sure would like to discuss this in greater depth. I am a small, i.e.
micro, businessman. I grow food to share and make hand garden tools for
serious practitioners. Maybe you also have one or more business ventures.

OT, it looks like TPP is coming your, i.e. our, way. Remains to be seen
what effect it will have on our lives. We will see.

> Perhaps we could open this subject up for debate and see where we could
> evolve it.

Absolutely and lets get on with more it it.

> We haven't seen a good debate on this channel for awhile. Something to
> ponder over the dearth of xmas"

Merry Christmas to one and all.

More in replies to follow.

LL