permaculture - Re: [permaculture] QUESTIONS .. of corruption etc etc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Leo Bakx <leo@aardwerk.org>, pirn@permaculture.org.uk, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>, europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] QUESTIONS .. of corruption etc etc
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 15:12:58 +1300

LL No disrespect but, I can not quite see the resemblance here LL to the
Subject ..why not cut it into a totally new discussion / subject and keep
on the topic ? All too often it seems many members of this site often
wonder off into vague tangents. All great intentions and meaning and of
course worthy of receiving, I love that subject my self, but wouldn't it
be respectful at least and mores sense to enter a totally new subject ?
just so we do not lose the original intention and thread.? Steve Hart

On 20 December 2015 at 15:04, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
> wrote:
>
> > What is the real difference between a rill, brook, stream, rivulet,
> river,
> > estuary, and...
>

> Maybe the complexity of and diversity within the ecology in terrain
> surrounding each form of aggregation of water sources
> into a flowing body of water. Some will allow water to collect and stand,
> permeating soil, mulch and humus
> allowing lifeforms to survive and evolve. Others, the larger flows, will
> carry silt, organic matter, creatures and seeds to
> places they otherwise might never reach. I think this is covered in the
> biological science, limnology. I have a book written
> by a former professor at UNC called Streams, Lakes, Ponds by Robert Coker.
> I may have another book by him on the same subject.
> This is one of my favorite subjects. I wish I had flowing water on my land
> but at least I spent thousands of dollars (well spent) on terraforming to
> create water distribution systems and channelling to direct excess rainfall
> into three man made catchments, wet weather ponds with much wildlife; many
> birds, draonflies, bats and amphibians = no mosquito bites (OK, five per
> season).
>

> --
> Lawrence F. London
> lfljvenaura@gmail.com
> https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/

Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: