permaculture - Re: [permaculture] IPC values ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] IPC values ?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 21:31:38 -0400

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 8:27 PM, HeenanDoherty <heenandoherty@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But when it comes to design I am a designer and this is clearly
> demonstrated.

I would agree that you are a permaculture designer Darren and a lot more.
You and I
and many others have certain experience in common, using earthmoving
equipment
in really positive ways, creating earthworks, dams, ponds, berms, swales
and that
lovely Indian lady, a mini haha (in my back yard, guess its more of a swale
actually).
Your credentials are assured with the photos of the urban component of
quanats in Morocco;
shows you have water on your mind and not on the brain; useful these days.

Maybe Steve would like to delve into discussion of water saving and
conserving techniques and practices
incorporated into permaculture designs and construction. The world is
looking at really serious drought and depletion of underground aquifers
used for household, industry and farming and this prediction as well:

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2015/june/mass-extinction-ehrlich-061915.html
Stanford researcher declares that the sixth mass extinction is here. Paul
Ehrlich and others use highly conservative estimates to prove that species
are disappearing faster than at any time since the dinosaurs' demise. There
is no longer any doubt: We are entering a mass extinction that threatens
humanity's existence.

Add to that the manufacturing and use of herbicide to grow food crops, gmo
ones that require it at that and for harry-the-idiot-homeowner to eradicate
those pesky, unsightly dandelions. The loss of plants covering the Earth
providing habitat, food and biomass that stabilizes ecosystems from
herbicide use must be beyond measure at this point. All for the greedheads
the entire world has to suffer. Back to Sixties values, the homesteaders,
the back-to-the-land'ers and the pioneer organic gardener and farmers to
set things in proper perspective.
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com