permaculture - Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Lumpkin <clumpkin@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 20:52:36 -0400

I live a happy, content, peaceful existence by following some of the
guidelines I mentioned earlier, and one more to add is this: I concern
myself with policing my own behavior, and leave others to do as they will
(in my absence, if I find them toxic). Whatever you think about Paul or
anyone else's behavior, there is no value added by complaining and
name-calling in an attempt to "warn" others. This is a faction war, and I'm
not fighting in it. I see people responding to what they perceive as
selfish or rude behavior with... selfish and rude behavior.

If I were choosing sides, no one is being called a "fat slob" on
Permies.com. That kind of belittling and abusive language should be
moderated, and certainly would be if it were directed at this list owner
I'm sure! So, are there ethics here that apply to everyone?