permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ZOO ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ZOO ?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:20:35 -0500

Permaculture is full of dumb terms, not sure why this would be any
different. Even the word permaculture itself has become so
misunderstood so as not to mean anything in common parlance. The
majority of the people who use the term around these parts use it to
refer to annual gardening and maybe doing some sheet mulching. That
use of it hasn't changed around here since I moved to these parts in
the early 90s.

And more to your point, her use of the term Zone Zero had almost
nothing to do with the permaculture zone system except for maybe
that's how she came to using it whan she was teaching school kids...
& as a yoga teacher and a dancer and performance artist she was far
more interested in using it to refer to the somatics of the body and
the space immediately around the body and way, moving moving moving.

carry on,

~mIEKAL

https://www.facebook.com/driftlessgrove
https://www.facebook.com/beyondvineyard