permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Regrarians World Tour 2014 with Darren Doherty July-Nov

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Regrarians World Tour 2014 with Darren Doherty July-Nov
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 13:15:51 -0400

There is a distinct need for agriculture to evolve along natural lines.
I found a thread in Reddit Futurism subreddit that I couldn;t resist
commenting on:

What's the upcoming technology (next ten years) that excites you the most?
<http://us.reddit.com/r/Futurism/comments/299ytm/whats_the_upcoming_technology_next_ten_years_that/>
by takoinche <http://us.reddit.com/user/takoinche>in Futurism
<http://us.reddit.com/r/Futurism/>

My comment:

Universal acceptance of Natural Agriculture as the default mode of farming,
aquaculture and agroforestry.

It should have been:

Universal acceptance of Natural Agriculture and Permaculture as the default
mode of farming, aquaculture and agroforestry.

I also added that it goes without saying that all categories of pesticides
and synthetic fertilizer plus all categories of GMO agriculture technology
would be gradually phased out and replaced with
natural methods and materials and permaculture.

A lot of close-minded responses from industry trolls monitoring Reddit:

1) A wild eco troll has appeared! What do you want to do?
2) " It goes without saying..."
No, I'm pretty sure that not only is that not widely accepted to such a
degree that it can be accepted implicitly, but it is actually a minority
opinion that requires a significant degree of justification.
3) You realize that synthetic fertilizer is the only way there are seven
billion of us, right?
4) Universal acceptance of Natural Medicine as the default mode of living,
health, and injury recovery. It goes without saying that all forms of
synthetic drugs, all categories of immunization and all non-natural medical
technology will thus be phased out and eventually eliminated from the
global landscape.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network <lakinroe@silcom.com> wrote:

> Regrarians World Tour 2014
>
> Rebooting Agriculture wherever we can
> Workshops Consultations Media
> Mallorca, Virginia, Kansas, UK, Sweden, California , Illinois, Michigan,
> Wisconsin, Vermont, Oregon, Oklahoma, Crete , France
> www.regrarians.org,

This tour is outstanding, a major event, making history!
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com