permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Open Source Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Open Source Permaculture
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 02:23:56 +0930

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 01:50, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <
venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> > spent about 3 days worth of work writing a dedicated spam filter for
> > Appropedia, and I check it daily for false positives), and ensure its
> > security and publish weekly site dumps (as we do
> > now<http://www.appropedia.org/Appropedia:Current_dump>).
> > That's for starters.
>
> THAT'S IMPRESSIVE! Takes a lot of skill and perseverance, Chris.

I'm not doing justice to the work done by other Appropedians - especially
Lonny, who has kept the site going from the beginning. The massive
investment of time that I mentioned in Semantic MediaWiki was primarily
his. He also constantly works with his students to develop new pages on
Appropedia.

Then there are the other academics, interns, and general enthusiastic
community members.

The one thing we're most weak on is marketing. But what would you expect
when the project leaders are engineers :-).

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.