permaculture - [permaculture] Open Source Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Open Source Permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 01:06:35 +0930

Hi folks - have you seen the *Open Source
Permaculture<http://www.indiegogo.com/OpenPermaculture>
*project? They're fundraising, and are just over a day from the finish
date.

I believe this will be a real boost for permaculture. For one thing,
they're being really collaborative - e.g. for the permaculture wiki,
they'll be using Appropedia. And for the ebook, when we put an argument for
using an open license (Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike), they
agreed and acted on it. And Sophia Novack seems to have a history of
getting things done.

So, I'd encourage you to keep an eye on this project. And if you're in a
position to contribute, please do. If you want to read more:

- Open Source Permaculture: Interview with Sophia
Novak<http://lynnfang.com/2012/03/open-source-permaculture-interview-with-sophia-novak/>
, *Upcycled Love*.
- Crowdfunding Open Source
Permaculture<http://www.shareable.net/blog/crowd-funding-open-source-permaculture>
, *Shareable*.
- Open Source
Permaculture<http://www.permies.com/t/13927/permaculture/Open-Source-Permaculture>
, discussion on *Permies.com*. ("Open source" "open content" and "open
licenses" explained)

(Btw, I see that Permaculture.info was up briefly but went down again -
this is really unfortunate, and it highlights the need for a central,
well-maintained resource, with public backups, that we can build together.)

Cheers
--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.