permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Open Source Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Open Source Permaculture
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 02:20:29 +0930

Quick response before I sleep...

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 01:50, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <
venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> > If there's a team of dedicated people ready to do a similar amount of
> work
> > on PIW tech and content, then that could work as well - but they'd be
>
> There is no formal team any more but there are a number of subscribers
> to the two lists I created for the project and others to follow, namely
> this one of yours. A new team could be formed who would be interested in
> contributing time and work, What would be needed are various levels of
> administrators or whatever they are called; those who can monitor page
> changes, user registration, access levels and contributions.
> I will subscribe you to these two lists so you can read the archives and
> communicate with subscribers. I can make you co-owner too which might
> help as things develop. You's have access to all the folks who were
> involved before, some with impressive professional skills.

I'd be very interested in working with anyone interested in this.

I probably need to clarify though - I'm probably not able to split myself
between sites, so I'm not offering to help set up or administer anything on
ibiblio. I'm not able to help maintain a second wiki site.

What I'm suggesting is to develop the permaculture knowledge database
within the existing Appropedia wiki - but as a whole growing permaculture
section with hundreds and eventually thousands of pages on permaculture
topics (in addition to the existing thousands of pages on related subjects
like natural building and renewable energy).

The permaculture pages can be given their own identity, and their own
homepage (similar to the Appropedia Technology
Portal<http://www.appropedia.org/Portal:Appropriate_technology>).
But the way I see it - why have permaculture on one wiki, and appropriate
technology, solar passive design, green building info and all the rest on a
different wiki? These are so interlinked that they can play together very
nicely.

I'll email you off list re further details...

I think Paul collaborates with Appropedia to some degree.

Aye, Paul's a great friend of Appropedia.
--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.