permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Masting Questions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Masting Questions
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:26:19 -0800

If you haven't read Tree Crops by J. Russel Smith, you might want to check
it out. in the later chapters he goes into some detail about the yields
and protein-fat-carbohydrate ratios of 'mast' tree crops.

I think it is now in public domain. check out
soilandhealth.orgagriculture page for a pdf.

http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/010175.tree%20crops.pdf

also, check out Fruits of the Warm Climates by Julia Morton. not really a
masting focus, but a useful guide for non-temperate fruiting species

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/index.html

cheers,
neil