permaculture - Re: [permaculture] National Animal ID program

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Eisenhauer" <eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] National Animal ID program
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:28:37 -0600

Howdy,

Sounds as though accountability is arriving which always means work and
money spent to reach compliance. I am wondering who is going to get an
affordable package of software and tagging apparatus together for the
small farmer that will diminish complexity by providing a simple road
map to follow for compliance. I ask because I think I will need just
such a tool soon. I would hope that this "tool" would also facilitate
the evaluation of breeding programs so as to better manage improvements/
disappointments and be able to present to others what has been achieved
for the purpose of sharing/selling a known entity. Perhaps we need to
see this as the facsimile of content labeling.

Steven