permaculture - Re: [permaculture] National Animal ID program

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] National Animal ID program
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:25:59 -0500

Forest Garden wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am from Texas. I farm and have livestock. This aniaml ID issue is real -
I've been to the official public comment meetings. Registering the premises
where animals are kept is scheduled to be mandatory by July of this year.
Tagging will be implemnnted as soon as as possible thereafter.

The program amounts to the small farmer being burdened with oneous paperwork
and fees. Farming is hard enough work to have to deal with this kind of
extra load.

I found this in another list; maybe it applies to your situation:

"Texas legislature does have a PROPOSAL from TAHC but as
of February 16th, 2006, TAHC POSTPONED voting their proposal into law
because of many Texas Citizens writing and phoning their elected
officials and then many citizens showed up in opposition to NAIS. The
next meeting is to be held May 4th, 2006 in Austin. You jumped to the
FAQ and bypassed the word POSTPONED just above the FAQ's.
http://www.tahc.state.tx.us";