permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:00:34 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

OK, so afawk there's no certain news of PC infiltrating Afghanistan.
That *was* my original question... ;-)

I like the 'inoculation via returning expats' idea, and also Lee's
connection via military friend who's hangin' with the locals.

Obviously, with the invitation of the Afghan ambassador and being
hosted by Karzai's government, the US executive service committee group
I mentioned was as sheilded as possible from stray bullets.

Russ makes an interesting point about stability. Thing is, the kind of
stability they'll get from the foreign investment Karzai wants to know
how to stay out of the way of is the kind that will systemically resist
Permaculture anyway. At least getting shot will be less likely (well,
maybe...China's elite is embracing foreign investment, but that hasn't
done jack for human rights, and the vast majority of US investors
clearly aren't willing to put people, or ecosystems, before profits).

Afghanistan, welcome to the "new colonial order" - now we call it
"globalization." Have a nice pipeline...or two or three...

=====
John Schinnerer, MA