permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Margaret L Wilson <booldawgs@cavenet.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:41:28 -0700

Well, i am fighting this for what it's worth. I just think I'm likely to loose. One the dogs of war are running this thing is going to be very hard to stop, it's not just momentum then, but also the inevitable retaliations against the US mainland that will fuel the fire. Once there it's total war no matter what we want.

Yeah, I am very much afraid and have been ever since the supreme court made it's decision. Most Americans have never left their own little area and really don't have any concept of how the earth ( the globe itself) actually is. They have no concept of the people that live anywhere else. "They hate us for our freedom" What a crock! They think we will just go over there, kill a few thousands, come back and our little lives will go back to normal.
My own opinion is that we have a fundamentalist in control and he wants to bring about "Armageddon". I just really hope there will be something left for us to put back together when it is, if it ever is, over.
I remember how scary it was when Kennedy and Kruschev were on the brink. We were doing the get under your desk routine at school and people were stocking their bomb shelters. The difference then was that neither of them felt they had a one way ticket into heaven. Also John Kennedy had seen war first hand. Anyway, I have some very dear friends in Queensland but I could not leave my children so it is immaterial.
Good Luck.
Margaret