permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:30:14 -0500

At 11:06 AM 9/24/02 -0700, you wrote:
Mark, please don't leave yet. We need to get more people to speak out. We looked into immigrating to Australia a few years back when things were much better here than they are now. But my ancestors fought for independence and a free country. We need to stand up and speak out and stop rolling over like a timid dog. Where do we start? Most people are not going to wake up until the body bags start coming back, just like Vietnam!

Well, i am fighting this for what it's worth. I just think I'm likely to loose. One the dogs of war are running this thing is going to be very hard to stop, it's not just momentum then, but also the inevitable retaliations against the US mainland that will fuel the fire. Once there it's total war no matter what we want.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK