permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: PacificEdge <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:05:23 +1000

On Friday, September 20, 2002, at 10:24 AM, Michael Murphy wrote:

Afghanistan ran out of oil and everything else except bullets a long
time ago.

Perhaps the oil in question is found in the once-Soviet republics to the north and Afghanistan is needed as a conduit for the oil to the Persian Gulf via pipeline?

Maybe it's time to move to the hydrogen economy!

Incidentally, media surveys indicate that something over 70% of Australians oppose supporting actively the US in any action against Iraq outside UN auspices. And this morning's (Saturday) Sydney Morning Herald headline "Bush: how I'll rule the world" isn't likely to change that situation-www.smh.com.au (the article response to Dubya's document published last night Sydney time which can be found in full at: www.nytimes.com)

...Russ Grayson