pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Permaculture Frappr Group ... RSS discussion

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Permaculture Frappr Group ... RSS discussion
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:20:47 -0500

Sean Maley wrote:

I configured Firefox with an RSS tool, InfoRSS 0.9.0,
that scrolls any changes to my wiki or new headlines
with various news sources in a portion of the
information bar at the bottom of the browswer window. In my apache logs, I noticed excessive traffic
constantly checking for changes, so I reduced my
refresh settings for InfoRSS. My only regret is that
Microsoft continues to play unfair with non-Microsoft
development for the Windows platform (Firefox leaks
badly and consumes a huge memory footprint in the
first place, as do many third party efforts).

And Firefox eliminated the option in the pulldown file menu ---> send page
(via email). This is too valuable a tool to do without.
I run plain Mozilla browser/email/news client.

Linux with Pine does the best job of all. Eventually I will make a complete
transition to that platform.