pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Re: A host to run things on

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Fred Stutzman <fred@metalab.unc.edu>, dls@ibiblio.org, pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Re: A host to run things on
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:42:40 +0000

Donald,
Fred Stutzman wrote:

> Please contact Donald Sizemore (dls@ibiblio.org) with the user accounts
> you need created, and the databases you need created. I'm sorry for not
> getting back to you in a timely fashion, things have been kind of hectic
> lately. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact
> me.

Could you create one user account: pcplantdb
and two databases, one called pcplantdb and one called pfaf.

A couple of Q's

Q1. Can we have multiple people using the same user id, or would
it be better to have multiple user id one for each of
the people involved in the project.

Q2. Will we need to ask you to if we need more databases created?

Q3. I'm not sure about the security side of MySQL databases.
Whats your policy on this? Is it possible to have more than
one user id with full access rights to a particular DB?

Many thanks Rich

--
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England